The Maldives Pension Administration Office, as the country’s largest potential institutional investor, sees the development of the Financial Sector and financial literacy a key imperative to achieve its strategic intent and objectives.
In 2012, the Maldives Finance Forum was launched and became a widely acclaimed event with overwhelmingly positive responses from the stakeholder community. The themes of 2012 and 2013 forums were aimed at the Public Sector with the expectation of positive policy responses from that sector. The ideas were well received by the policy makers. The theme of 2014 forum was developed with an expectation of Private Sector led positive developments to the Financial Market. The theme selected for this year revolves around pension and retirement income security.
"To enable a nationally acclaimed platform to deliberate on issues, promote views and share experiences for the development of Maldivian Finance Sector"
- Bring together leaders from business, financial, political, academic and social protection sector to deliberate on issues, promote views and share experiences for the development of Maldivian Financial Sector
- Identify institutional, legal and regulatory impediments for the development of Maldivian Financial Sector
- Promote cross-sectional collaboration to overcome impediments to the development of Maldivian Financial Sector
- Make the industry players aware of the potential of the Pension Fund and its impact on the Maldivian Financial Sector
- Enable development of original ideas and creative solutions for the Maldivian Social Security System and Pension Fund
- Promote research on the Maldives Financial Sector and create awareness and increase financial literacy among the public
The Maldives Finance Forum © 2015 | All Rights Reserved